Wednesday 1 February 2017

Animation - Acceptance of Thoughts and Feelings

First, a little background; I am a 3D animator and by the time I was offered ACT group therapy, I was struggling so much with feelings of self-doubt that I actually found it impossible to sit in front of the computer to do any animation work. During the course of ACT group therapy, we were being asked to set ourselves a small goal each week. In one of the later weeks I said I would make a short animation before the next week's session. I chose to make an animation about one of the ACT concepts which really helped me and though it was really tough going, I managed to overcome my fears and defuse my thoughts to produce the following animation.

It is very rough and unpolished but below you can watch my animation. It is being used in the ACT on Life course in several Recovery College areas and the feedback I've had has always been very positive. Personally, I cringe to show it to others, judging how unpolished it is and what changes need to be made. I would love to take time to do a more slick, fancy one at some point in the future but for now this will do. I feel there is some value to it in this raw, original form because of what it represents in my own journey of recovery. Hope you enjoy it!


No comments:

Post a Comment